Tuesday 27 March 2012

Feedback


Feedback for Nick after his recent trip.


7'2" custom 2+1

I love this board! Tipping the balance between a shortboard and mid-length, I was a little concerned it felt too small when paddling out for the first time on a big day (being 6'4" and 14-odd stone), but it then proceeded to easily paddle into good size, powerful waves, and feel really comfortable in such conditions. On smaller / mid size days too, the board goes great, picking up waves you might otherwise miss with the extra length, but not compromising on maneuverability. I love the arcing turns you can do with the rounded pin and fin setup.


I took the board to Panama, where I got to try it out in some hollower waves, and the thing goes great in the barrel, locking in nicely with the rounded pin. You can draw some nice lines too, going as minimal as you like in trim, or pushing it pretty vertical, the tail holds in and the rails are nice and responsive. I've been riding it with a 7" centre and FCS GX sides, which carve beautifully, but I'm yet to experiment with different fin setups. So it's an ideal travel board, and something to ride on the overhead days here, but don't underestimate it's potential in smaller waves too.





No comments:

Post a Comment